YOUR BRANDED EVENT APP IN ONE HOUR! PART 1
Imagine yourself sitting in a restaurant you often go to. The waiter recommends the new meal for you to try. Are you going to follow his advice? Let’s focus on an average consumer. Most human beings thrive for a routine. There is a group of people, in contrast, who enjoy trying new things. As a result, you may either hate or love testing brand new solutions. If you dislike the emerging technologies, you should definitely continue reading. I will prove that building a branded event app may be as easy as a piece of cake. On the other hand, if you are a tech savvy person, you should definitely go through my article and see how simple it is to create your own meeting app in our friendly admin panel.
I mentioned in the opening that the fear of the unknown may stop you from making one step forward in your career as an event prof. I would like to help you get rid of this bad feeling by making it super simple to create and manage your branded app. What is the average attitude of users towards advanced solutions? Do people usually stick to the well-known products? Or maybe, they often compare fresh tools with the ones being currently used? The truth is that the majority of people is afraid of the unknown. They resist changes. We would like you to move in a different direction and open you ‘app’ to the new event technology that we offer. We show that an event app customisation can be DIY simple. Enter your app admin panel. Follow these 5 steps in order to set your branded mobile event app:
- BEGIN WITH THE BASICS
- DOWNLOAD THE APP ON YOUR MOBILE
- CUSTOMISE YOUR APP SETTINGS
- GENERAL This is the place where you confirm the application name, determine start & end date, timezone, place, city, event/company website, email, phone and conference description. Do not forget to upload an event banner as well.
- COMPONENTS You can see a list of all app functionalities in here. You can rename them and change e.g. ‘speakers’ into ‘artists’. You can also translate this menu into other languages than English. Moreover, if you do not plan to use some of the functions, you can hide them from the menu. Your attendees will not see them on their user interface. The app is very flexible so you can decide whether you want to have all functionalities or not. In addition, you are able to arrange components in a sequence of your choice. You do all these actions by clicking ‘edit settings’ button.
- ACCESS It is up to you to decide if the access to the event content is restricted or not. You can also make registration required or optional. If you do not have any confidential data, we advise going for a fully open app. It can expand your event promo possibilities not only to the actual audience but also remote attendees. If you want to have a full control over the people registering in the application, you should set a WHITELIST mode. Just add e-mails of people who are on your attendee list. Only this selected group of individuals will be able to enter the app. If you, however, see someone unauthorised, you can ban or delete his account with one click.
- SOCIAL MEDIA Thanks to this component you can publish updates in one place and redirect your audience to all your social media channels. Link your app to Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and/or Facebook. By integrating your accounts you increase traffic and followers rate on the daily communication platforms. You can read more about it here.
- THE NUMBER OF UNIQUE USERS
- THE NUMBER OF SESSIONS
- USERS' LOCATION
- add users
- export contacts to a CSV file
- delete or ban unauthorised usersSoon you will be able to:
- import contacts from a CSV file
- add groups